School Improvement Plan
We are very proud of everything at we do that makes our school so special. However, we always want to be better! Here are our priorities for this year:
Priorities for Improvement 2016-17
Priority 1- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Induction of new Chair of Governors and developing a succession plan for the Governing Body to improve outcomes for pupils
- Training and development of leadership team to further develop the skills base and enhance the level of distributed leadership across the Academy.
- Developing strategies to increase the intake in Reception year.
Priority 2- Outcomes for children and learners
- Reading- introduce characters for each skill in reading (eg. Ralph the retriever for retrieval questions) to develop a child-friendly way to teach and reinforce specific skills.
- Writing – develop skill sets for each text type to support planning. Continue to embed SPAG elements and Letterjoin handwriting scheme
- Numeracy- embedding of new Numeracy policy ‘Calculate don’t count’ and Mastery skills, introduce online 1:1 tuition for Year 6.
- SEN – create and develop nurture room to make provision for children with additional needs, provide staff training in Makaton and further training to support children on the Autuistic Spectrum.
Priority 3- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Increase level of support through adult education to support parents.
- Bid to create a community room within the school.
- Achieve the Rights Respecting Schools Award
- Implement recommendations from SIAMS inspection
Priority 4- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Continue in-school Outstanding teaching programme, based on new OFSTED Outstanding criteria.
- Continue to ensure constructive feedback is communicated effectively to all pupils.
- Review assessment criteria to ensure they meet curricular requirements.
- Develop a whole-school approach to homework.